Now that you’ve made a plan for success, it’s time to set up your account, your Admin Portal and invite your users.
Set up your account and Admin Portal
When you purchased your licenses, you created your Organization account where you will add and manage your users.
First, create your account:
- Find the email you received asking you to join your organization. This email was sent when you created your organization.
- Click the link in the invitation and follow the prompts.
Note: This invitation is sent to the person you specified when you set up your organization. If you don’t see it, check your email spam filters, and confirm where you sent the invitation.
Once you’ve created your account, you’re ready to explore your ACG Admin Portal and invite users to your organization.
Use the Admin Portal to invite and manage users in your organization. To locate the business dashboard and customize your invitations, follow the steps in the article Setting Up Your Admin Portal.
Check out this video demo of the business dashboard.
Now is a great time to get familiar with ACG. Explore what’s available so you can help your students succeed even more.
Customize your invitation
When sending invitations, you have a few choices:
- Use the default invitation message every time you invite someone to join your organization
- Create a custom invitation to use every time you invite someone to join your organization
- Create a different custom invitation for each invitation you send
If you’re not sure what to do, go with the default invitation message. You can change your mind later.
If you choose to customize your invite, make sure to include:
- The name of your company or organization
- What department is inviting them to join ACG
- How to contact their organization admin
- Rules on using the platform. This is a good time to mention any specific expectations you have of them when joining the platform.
- Instructions for getting started. If you want them to start with a specific learning path, tell them. You’ll learn more about learning paths in Guide Students.
Add students to your organization by sending invitations.
Instructions on how to send invitations can be found in Inviting and Managing My Team's Access
To invite and manage your users, start with the Users tab at the top of the business dashboard.
When sending invitations, you need to make a couple choices:
- Choose the role you want this user to have. You can assign them to be a Student, a Team Coordinator, or another Admin. You also choose if you want them to be part of a team. Learn more about these roles in Organize your users.
- If you’re inviting a student, decide if you want to automatically assign them to any Study Groups or Learning Paths you’re using for your organization. This is optional. Add or change these assignments after the student has joined. Learn more about these features in Guide Students.
Note: Users must create their account using the email address you sent the invite to.
When the student clicks the link in the invitation, they are prompted to create their own account and join it to your organization.
Curious what your students will see? Check out this video demo of the learner dashboard.
If your organization uses Single Sign-On, you’ll use that to manage inviting your students. Learn more about managing your access with SSO.
Organize your users. Learn how to organize your users to suit your organization.