The GCP Cloud Sandbox is designed to provide a real, no-risk GCP environment for you to learn by doing on cloud along with ACG courses. We are compatible with a variety of tools and services, so you have as many choices as possible when working through your training. Follow along with labs, brush up on skills, or just explore.
Restricted to these locations:
Not allowed to set/change Quotas
Cannot assign permissions to roles or users
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Google Cloud Support
- Identity Aware Proxy (IAP)
- Resource Manager
- Service Account Management
- Service Management
- Vertex AI
Note: Most unlisted services are available in the GCP Cloud Playground.
Google SQL Instances
- Click Databases - SQL - Create Instance
- Click Show Configuration Options
- Change Machine Type and Storage to "db-n1-standard-1"
Note: If you do not follow these instructions, your lab or playground will be shut down.
Cloud Playground Abuse
A few general examples of abuse are listed below. This list is not comprehensive, so if you have any questions on your activity, please contact our support team prior to starting the activity.
- Incorrect instance type
- Ten or more instances created at a time
- Ten or more vCPU across all instances
- Any individual instance with memory exceeding 8GB
- SQL instance counts exceeding 4
- Attempting to use resources for Bitcoin mining
- Excessive network traffic
- DDoS or port scanning external hosts
- Google Cloud: using an Accelerator
Have fun, learn, but also be respectful, please.