The GCP Cloud Sandbox is meant to provide a real, open GCP environment for you to learn by doing and cloud along with ACG courses. We allow a variety of tools and services within GCP, so you have as many choices as possible when working through your training. Follow along with some labs, practice certain areas or just explore!
Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Google Cloud Support
Identity Aware Proxy (IAP)
Service Account Management
All other services are available in the GCP Cloud Playground!*
Google SQL Instances*
Google recently changed the default machine type and the new default does not comply with our Terms of Service. If you are using a Google SQL instance, please follow these steps when you are creating an instance so it complies with our terms:
- Select Databases - SQL - Create Instance
- Select Show Configuration Options
- Change Machine Type and Storage to db-n1-standard-1
NOTE: if you do not follow these instructions, your lab or playground will be shut down.
Cloud Playground Abuse
A few examples of abuse are listed below. This list is not comprehensive, so if you have any questions on your activity we invite you to contact our support team prior to starting the activity.
- 10 or more instances created at a time
- Using an accelerator (GPU)
- Attempting to use resources for Bitcoin mining
- Excessive Network Traffic
- DDoS or Port Scanning External Hosts