We understand this can happen! If your payment attempt failed the first time, our system will automatically try to charge your default payment method again within 48 hours of the first attempt. If the second attempt fails, we will automatically attempt to charge your card again 24 hours after the second attempt. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, the membership will be cancelled.
1. Your membership payment can be declined for a number of generic reasons:
- Payment method has insufficient funds
The card has been reported as lost or stolen by the cardholder
The payment method associated with your PayPal account was declined
- Bank has flagged the transaction as fraudulent.
2. A Cloud Guru's headquarters are in the United Kingdom and banks located outside of the UK process the payment as an international payment, which usually triggers the fraud detection. If your payment was declined, you should reach out to your bank and enquire about the transaction.
3. Verification specific issues may not allow the card to process and will give you an errors message like below.
First, double check all of the information you entered is correct.
Second, please ensure that you're not using a proxy or VPN that may change the reported location of your connection and that your billing address matches your card's country of issue. The VPN can make it look like you're trying to authorize out of a different country.
Third, adblockers and browser privacy tools (Ghostery, Privacy Badger) have caused problems in the past and needed to be disabled.
4. If all else fails, please use PayPal if you're unable to verify your credit card. The verification system with PayPal has a much lower rate of failure.
Our customer support team can provide further insight into why your payment attempt failed by providing the bank's reason code. Please reach out to them through this form: http://bit.ly/acg-support-request